Book Hunt

As I was browsing bookstore websites in search for a new book, I came across a rather annoying conclusion: vampire books are now a main hit.

Not that I have anything against the whole theme, but it has become a fad, much to my chagrin. Vampire books here, vampire books there -- all because of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I have read the four books in the series and although I can pretty much say that she seems to be a rather phenomenal writer to the teens of the world, I only like books 1 and 4. The beginning and the end, thankfully. And I have no idea why this book ought to overshadow Harry Potter -- while Stephanie Meyer seems to be this phenomenal writer, I don't think they ought to compare her books to J.K Rowling's.

Really, now.

But anyway, I've seen some interesting books I would like to get my hands on.

  • Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
  • The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
  • The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
  • Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Affect Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart, and --
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling
Interesting, indeed.
0 Responses