A Note on Eating One's Feelings

Except for the barking of a puppy and the trickling of the overflowing water in the DPWH tank, it's a particularly quiet Sunday afternoon today.

It makes me think of things.

Take the notion of eating one's feelings.

According to HelpGuide.Org, binge eating disorder is characterized by
compulsive overeating in which people consume huge amounts of food while feeling out of control and powerless to stop.


I, admittedly, eat my feelings most of the time. It's interesting--and largely satisfying. Usually I do it with a friend, so that I won't be just eating my feelings, but I'll be talking them out, too. My comfort foods are ice cream, pizza and chicken. Other people like eating fries. Some eat rice. Some, well, I don't know, but they eat whatever they like to and I have no problem with that.

Some people say I need professional help. Some say I just need to control myself. Some say it's okay, since I don't do it all the time. Some say that I just need another outlet. Like screaming. Maybe I'll go for a killing spree.

To be truthful, I don't want to do this anymore. But I do it. And for heaven's sake, I don't know when it'll stop.


I don't think that it's so quiet anymore.
0 Responses